Fabio's WAXED Chest
“Theeee original and still the best” :::.. now made in the great state of Connecticut from entirely east coast materials. Well, the canvas is from Missouri. We will let that pass since Mark Twain was born there—- although he died in Connecticut. Not sure if thats a selling point or not...
Well we are inordinately excited about our new bag/chest/things. After being out of stock for most of the year, we’ve landed on our feet here in our home state— a sentiment we hope to pass on to YOU, oh valued customer, with a propensity for meandering rides + all the things that you bring along to make those rides comfortable. Comfort strava. Comfort QOM KOM etc.
Enough small talk, lets slice into this potato:::...
This week we have a very limited quantity of small olive waxed canvas (waxed chests) with tan trim and our new quaint quilt label design. Like any fashion label, we have knock offs—- so look for the label to ensure you are getting “theee original and still the best” “the chest is the best” etc.
-works great for front and rear use, just be sure to use a dowel or a found stick with the voile nano 6” straps when attaching in the rear to your brooks saddle loops (see photos).
-roll top design for expandable load capacity.
-works rackless if you’ve got a big enough head tube, or with the simple, inexpensive pec dec we sell to “pump up yer chest”.
-minimum drop handlebar width is 48mm c-c
-20-34 litters depending on how you expand the roll top, long flap, and yer mind okaY.
- weight is 37 oz
A few notable new design features
- new mounting system that will work on more handlebars with more mounting options. -The side pockets are shorter than our old small in order to give riders with narrower drop bars more room between the bag/chest/thing and their hands on the hoods.
- quick magnetic bag closure for use in basket mode (roll top folded down inside bag) so that you can now open and close bag with one hand while riding.
- same split back adjustable connecticut made nylon buckle closure for when you need to expand the bag for touring and large grocery loads.
- loops for attaching shoulder strap when using off the bike.
- bright orange drop liner with organizer pocket for better weather protection and so you can better see your chocolate bars inside.
- waxed canvas! The best looking and nicest in hand bag making material of all time. It’s time tested for water resistance, repairable, and will age as gracefully as i have —-with a little bit of Botox and maybe a lift here and there.
- weight comes in the same as our previous cordura iterations.
In 2 weeks we will have the large olives, followed by waxed navy blue and burgundy a few weeks after that in both sizes. All will feature tan trim. Sorry, we are not pre ordering anything, but velvet rope subscribers get first notification.
We are currently testing the x-pac versions —- x-pac is made in Connecticut; a product of our 400 year old sailing industry (how cool!). We will hopefully have some x-pac versions by Decembertime.
With gentle, tater tidings from Hadlyme Connecticut,
Ronnie and NAM
****NOTE: all photos are of the SMALL WAXED****