A L U M A L I T H available again this summer
HI! SHIPPING PRICES ARE NOT ACCURATE AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX, SO THERE WILL BE A SEPARATE SHIPPING INVOICE DUE WHEN ACTUAL SHIPPING COST IS CALCULATED. THANKS!
next run will have an authentic ACCUTRAX (frankutrax) fork. take a look on google if not familiar. sorry, the plug and play bontrager style was a bit difficult to produce.
MADE IN VERMONT USA The ultimate lightweight ATB platform in my scholarly opinion, please allow a week for shipment
"alumalith" is named for the geological torture that formed the Connecticut River valley eons ago. where aluminum meets stone. This bike was designed and made in said valley of tortured rocks.
A collaboration betwixt Crust and Ron's -- limited 50 frames and forks made by Frank the Welder in Bellows Falls Vermont "from drawn 6061 tubing, solution heat treated and age hardened to T-6 condition". Fork features a machined al-u-min-ium crown with steel steerer and legs.
if you have a 90's MTB hero, Frank likely made their bikes. Furtado, Tomac, Missy.... good enough for you??
Instal some strange or normal handlebars and ride to the trailhead. rock crawl until it gets too techy, then sling alumalith over your shoulder and go for a hike. alternatively you can take your alumalith out on public groomers, but the civilians will wonder where the battery goes on such a svelte machine!
specs n' info
- available as frame and fork only
- 27.5 x 2.6 max clearance with 1X, 2.4 with front der
- 30.9 seatpost with internal dropper port
- 34.9 seatpost clamp
- standard MTB spacing 100 front 135 rear
- 73mm bottom bracket
- 1 1/8" threadless
- fork braze ons only for minimal Pec Dec rack : this is a performance all day machine not a racked out touring bike!
- no suspension correction ever!
- 34.9 front der clamp
- less OTB prone geo than the 90s
- geo chart in the photos
- cantilever or v-brake, but you will have to purchase cable hangers separately if you plan on cantilever
- featured build is just under 26lbs
- brushed fluid film lanolin finish with vinyl transfer decals that will look like the ones I painted, but less like nail polish lol.
- if you want to paint this bike yourself, let me know after purchase and we will omit the fluid film and decals, but we aren't offering any other finish at this time.
- included: frame, fork, removable der hanger, seat collar (not like the one pictured), and ATB clout